Academy of Wonders
Also known as The Academy, Mages' Guild, Sorcerers' Guild, the Magi
The Academy of Wonders is both an institute of learning and a research center for all aspects of magic, but with special focus on Permian Crystals and their effects. Founded by an aspiring Magus of the name Zu'ban shortly after the crystals were first discovered, the Academy is a free realm for wizards of all, where no form of magic is forbidden. After all, there is no bad magic - only bad practitioners. By the success borne of this dubious axiom not only has the Academy brought great wealth and fortune to Sarkada as a byproduct of it's own search for power, those of the Academy also consider themselves the best chance Permia has of overcoming the current plague of corruption. This has led them to consider themselves above reproach and become insufferably justified in their actions, for the ends justify the means. Hidden in secret laboratories, they conduct cruel experiments on the Afflicted in search of ways to cure them or destroy them.
A largely lawful-evil faction, though some good (albeit misguided) souls might still find themselves pulled into the institution.
- The Black Horde: The only good use for a living member of the horde is in a cage with their mind enthralled by a geas, and the better use for one is already deceased and on a dissection table.
- Coalition of the Compass: Similarly minded people to ourselves, the Coalition are on the forefront of a new era, expansion, growth and rational approaches to problems. Moreover, the Coalition is keen on buying the products of our research and selling much needed exotic supplies to aid their research.
- Court of Flies: It’s useful to have friends in low places. Some avenues of research need unorthodox components, things that good people shouldn’t ever worry about. A body part here, an unspeakable reagent there; the Court is a door to this world.
- The Old Boughs: Their knowledge of magic is of great interest to the Academy, but their backwards ways are an affront to progress.
- Houses of Sarkada: While the Academy cares not for the political scuffle over rulers, the Guard are our protectors, our guardians, and keep the Academy safe during our critical research. They are reliable allies, and they too work for the betterment of the kingdom.
- Silver Hold: The princess has supporters among the academy, those who still hold she is the rightful ruler of the kingdom, though this support is vanishing rapidly. Her desire to stop the Academy’s research is an affront to progress, and if her people have their way, Sarkada will be back in tents herding goats in the desert.
Academy of Wonders XP Giver
The glowing crystals dangling in the main entrance are not just for decoration. Click these each Sunday to gain your faction XP.
Academy of Wonders Bank
Sharing resources and knowledge between scholars helps progress our understanding of our world. To share your crafted items with others, go to the book shelf in the dorms and deposit or pick up something you need.
Academy of Wonders Reset Point
Neatly tucked inside of the luxurious dorm rooms you will find the reset point for your faction. A simple table to click on.
Academy of Wonders Faction Joiner
A well dressed man outside of the building is eager to let you sign up for courses or bring your knowledge to the school.